Information We Collect from You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Contact Information, including your name, phone numbers, email addresses, and company name;
- Transaction Information, including vehicle lease information, including the location of where the vehicle is primarily garaged, initiation date, duration, terms of your lease, and mileage;
- Preferences, including information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers;
- Photographs you submit of vehicle damage through camera features available on our mobile application;
- Health Information, including information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices;
- Financial information, including financial statements, credit reports, and other information that is necessary to facilitate the lease of a vehicle from a Fleet Management location; and
- Driver information, including driver’s name, driver’s license number, date of birth and driver history.
- Internet and Other Activity, including browsing or search history and information regarding your interactions with our websites, emails, or advertisements.
- Personal Information: information shared through the course of building and maintaining a relationship or otherwise voluntarily shared by you. For example we may collect your birthday, work anniversary or favorite holiday in order to send a greeting card or congratulations.
Enterprise Fleet Management collects information that is defined as ‘sensitive personal information’ under California law. While California law may provide an opt-out opportunity for this information, we use and disclose this information only for purposes permitted by law that do not require an opt-out opportunity
Information We Collect from Third-Parties
Third-parties provide us with additional information about you, including:
- Industry and professional organizations who provide us your general contact information.
- Credit reporting agencies, who, for fraud prevention and credit evaluations purposes, provide us with identity-related and credit history information.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services).
With your consent, we will access location-based information, such as zip code, postal code, city, metropolitan area or geographic region from your mobile device. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services.
With your consent, our mobile application will utilize your device’s camera and location services to allow you to upload geo-tagged pictures of vehicle condition. Permissions to use your device’s precise geolocation information or camera can be turned off at any time by changing the settings in the mobile application or on your device. Some features or service options may not be available when these items are turned off.
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Leased vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects and transmits data from your leased vehicle. This may include information collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices, OnStar® systems, or any other similar technology. When installed and where permissible, this technology will enable us to collect and use information such as:
- location information;
- collision information; and
- vehicle operation information, such as operational condition, mileage, tire pressure and fuel status, and other diagnostic and performance information.
Our use of information collected from the vehicle may include sharing information with third-parties as described in this policy.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must delete it before you return the vehicle to us.
Infotainment Systems and Vehicle Manufacturer Apps
If you pair a mobile device with our vehicles’ navigation or infotainment systems and choose to use OnStar, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto or other similar third-party software or services on the vehicle or if you choose to use any navigational features on the vehicle’s infotainment systems or other device, your personal information and other data may be transferred and stored on these systems. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information. You should delete all such personal information and other data from these systems or devices before the vehicle is returned to avoid subsequent occupants of the vehicle accessing this information.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Enterprise Fleet Management does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country's age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Use Information About You
We use the information we collect from you or about you to provide you with our services and for the following purposes:
Where it is necessary for us to enter into a contract with you, your company, or your employer and provide services to you for the duration of the contract, including
- To assist the transactions and services that you request;
- To provide ongoing support for your transaction.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your enquiry.
- To provide vehicle maintenance and/or other vehicle related services requested by you or your Company
Where necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, including
- To share information with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, including
- To communicate important information about your lease, such as vehicle maintenance needs, account balance and billings, and lease inception and termination notices. These communications, which are transactional in nature, will be sent to you via email, SMS, or website and mobile application alerts.
- To assist us in providing better products and services: for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of products and services received and to help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about our customers' use of our websites, products and services. These statistics are used only to enable us to provide better customer service, products, features and functionality to you and other customers in the future.
- To protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and property. For example, we will use CCTV to ensure the security of our premises.
- To use and share your information with third-parties in order to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, privacy, safety and property, or that of the public. We will do this to collect unpaid bills, to avoid liability for penalties you incur (e.g. traffic citations) and for claims processing purposes.
- To use and share your information with third-parties in order to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damage that we may sustain and to enforce the terms of any lease agreement or our websites' terms and conditions. We will also disclose your information to third-parties if the rights of another individual may be violated.
- To enable us to use vehicle data systems for purposes listed in the Vehicle Data section above.
- To de-identify or aggregate personal information collected about you and use it for any lawful purpose.
- Unless where consent may be required by applicable law, we may use personal information for marketing and promotional purposes to show you advertisements for products and/or services tailored to your interests on social media and other websites.
Where you have given consent, including
- To assist us in providing you with the most appropriate vehicles, such as those with adaptive driving devices. In some cases, this will require us to infer or explicitly collect information about your health or physical condition;
- To enable us directly or through your company to use telematics (e.g., for the purposes of tracking mileage and location in the event of theft and to alert us if the telematics systems has been removed or tampered with);
Retention of Your Personal Information
Except where prohibited by law, we retain information we collect for commercially reasonable periods of time or in accordance with specific policies. Information collected for a specified purpose will only be used for that purpose and, after a reasonable period of time, will no longer be actively stored when that purpose has been fulfilled. Inactive data may, however, continue to be used for statistical, marketing, archiving, and other analytical purposes.
Who We Share Information With
In order for us to provide the services you, your company, or your employer have requested, we share your Contact Information, Transaction Information, Preferences, Photographs, and Driver Information with the following third-parties:
Personal information is shared with your employer, or company paying for your lease, for reporting or compliance with their lease program and to provide the necessary payment and monitor effectiveness of their lease programs.
Our Service Providers
We will share your information with third-parties, such as:
- payment, administrative and technical support providers which help facilitate your transactions;
- companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf;
- communication providers which send email and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf;
- customer support providers in order to provide you customer service;
- debt collection providers;
- claims processors; and
- providers of services you are entitled to under the terms of your lease.
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as outlined above.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganization or assignment of all or part of Enterprise Fleet Management’s businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. If required by law, you will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain personal information. We use a third-party provider to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as necessary, removing content upon your request and answering any questions you may have.
California residents have certain rights with respect to personal information about them we have collected. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- Right to access the personal information we have collected about you and learn how we collect this information, our purpose in collecting it, and the types of parties we may have disclosed it to;
- Right to correct inaccurate personal information
- Right to delete the personal information have collected from you;
- Right to opt-out of our sale(s) and sharing of your personal information and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
- The following categories of personal information disclosed are considered “sale”/ “sharing” under California law: device information and geolocation data.
- The following categories of third-parties to whom personal information was disclosed are considered “sale”/ “sharing” under California law: social media platforms and networks
If you are a resident of Canada, you have the right to:
- Access your personal information and rectify it;
- Withdraw any consent provided; and
- Where applicable, lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
While we do not sell your data, under Nevada law, residents still may have the right to submit a request to not have their data sold. If you are a Nevada resident, you can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com.
Exercising Your Rights
You may exercise any applicable rights described above by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada by visiting https://www.priv.gc.ca/cu-cn/index_e.asp or at Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3.
We may require additional information from you to verify your identity and residence before we can process your request. For California residents wishing to exercise rights under California law, you may be required to provide your driver’s license or official state identification document in order to provide proof of residence. Please be sure to redact your photograph and all identifying information, other than your name, address and driver’s license number. We also reserve the right to restrict access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g., if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
California residents may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by emailing Privacy@efleets.com to obtain a form that will need to be completed and signed.
If you live in British Columbia, Alberta, or Quebec, please refer to the following resources. In British Columbia, you may find information on how to exercise your rights at the British Columbia Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner website. In Alberta, you may find information on access requests here and making complaints here. In Quebec, you may find information on your privacy rights here at the Commission d’accès à l’information Quebec website.
You will be able to opt out of direct marketing communications from Enterprise Fleet Management and our subsidiaries by following the instructions in each communication you receive. You can opt out of display ads you see on non-Enterprise sites by clicking on ad choices icon in the ad or through the privacy settings on the site.
Global Data Transfers and Processing
In order for us to operate and provide you services, the information you provide us or that we collect may be transferred or accessed by entities in other countries, including:
- Enterprise Fleet Management’s Information Systems: Enterprise Fleet Management maintains its global information systems in the United States.
- Enterprise Fleet Management’s Shared Services: Enterprise Fleet Management supports its operations with centralized functions located in the United States, such as credit reviews, citations processing, vehicle ordering, billing, accounts receivable, and lease settlements.
If you provide us or if we collect personal information about you outside the United States, we do so in accordance with the laws of the country in which the data was collected.
Changes to These Policies
Contacting Enterprise Fleet Management