Enterprise Fleet Management COVID-19 FAQs
Customer Support from Local Fleet Managers
1. How is Enterprise Fleet Management providing customer support during the COVID-19 outbreak?
We are focused on the safety of our customers, employees, families and our communities. We’re monitoring the situation closely and taking steps to ensure we are meeting your needs as your fleet partner.
We have suspended in-person client visits and recommend that meetings are conducted through Zoom, a video conference platform. Most of our customer-facing workforce can work remotely and we’re encouraging them to do so. For employees who are not able to work from home, we are using recommended social distancing to ensure safety. Our
third-party partners are following a similar protocol.
Fleet Operations remain ready to support you with anything you may need, even when employees are working remotely. If there are any further questions you have on this topic, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local Client Strategy Manager or Account Fleet Coordinator.
2. My business is impacted by COVID-19 - Can Enterprise Fleet Management help me with my vehicles and how?
Enterprise Fleet Management offers several strategies that we’re implementing to help essential businesses during COVID-19, including:
- Open a new line of credit to optimize cash flow
- Find rental solutions to assist with fluctuating business demands
- Negotiate, track and audit maintenance expenses to keep maintenance costs down
- Leverage the used car market to lower acquisition costs
- Identify the best vehicle lifecycle to reduce downtime, increase resale returns and right-size the fleet according to operational needs
We can also provide top industry resale expertise and consultation with the changing automotive market during COVID-19 to meet your current needs, including:
- Adding vehicles (short or long term) to meet social distancing guidelines
- Adjusting vehicles on a project-need basis
- Increasing short-term rentals to handle future needs
- Providing employees with rental vehicles backed by our Complete Clean Pledge
- Increasing low-cost transportation solutions for essential businesses
Buying and Selling Fleet Vehicles
1. Can I buy or sell vehicles amid the COVID-19 outbreak? What should I expect?
Yes, Enterprise Fleet Management can help you through the entire process. We understand that during these times, your fleet needs to be flexible. For a limited time, Enterprise Fleet Management has new vehicles available at factory order pricing without the wait time. These vehicles are available only to Enterprise Fleet Management clients. We also have a large selection of low mileage used vehicles.
Contact your local team for information on available makes and models. Your account team will also handle the resale process. Your vehicle will move seamlessly through Enterprise's industry-leading direct to dealer focused resale process.
2. Are Vehicle Manufacturers (OEMs) providing additional / new purchase price discounts to offset delayed delivery, model year switches, business sustainability, etc. during the Coronavirus outbreak?
For a limited time, Enterprise Fleet Management has new vehicles available at factory order pricing without the wait time. These vehicles are available only to Enterprise Fleet Management clients. Other options include a large selection of low mileage used vehicles. Contact your local team for information on available makes and models.
3. How are fleet titling, registration and licensing being handled during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Most of our Fleet Operations has also been enabled to work remotely part-time and fortunately, the shift to working remotely has been smooth. We are also closely monitoring and communicating with state DMV contacts regarding their plans for managing disruptions to business operations connected to the COVID-19 situation.
1. My business needs more vehicles to meet short-term demands during the coronavirus outbreak. How can Enterprise Fleet Management help with these needs?
Manufacturers, suppliers and vendors across the board are experiencing delays. And with the uncertainty around how the current global health crisis will impact new and used vehicle inventory in the coming months, it is good to have options to support your fleet and your business. Enterprise Fleet Management can help supplement your long- and short-term fleet planning needs.
We have a variety of mobility solutions available so that you can continue to meet business needs, from acquiring new vehicles to selling underutilized vehicles and downsizing/ramping up to match demand. This includes our partnership with Enterprise Truck Rental.
Enterprise Truck Rental offers a low risk, flexible and fixed cost option for vehicles at a contracted rate for Enterprise Fleet Management clients.
1. Can I still purchase fuel for my fleet during the coronavirus outbreak?
Yes. And now, more than ever, we’ve made it easier for you to purchase fuel with Driver Dash. Enterprise Fleet Management customers can take advantage of Driver Dash at ExxonMobil and Shell locations. This program is completely free and easy to use. It allows for cardless fuel purchases from your driver’s smartphone.
1. Can I still schedule maintenance for my fleet during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Yes. Maintenance facilities are open and considered essential services for businesses. Additionally, the National Service Department is open and ready to support you with anything you may need, even when employees are working remotely.
2. What is the current process for maintenance during this timeframe?
The National Service department is closely monitoring and communicating with our vendor partners regarding their plans for managing disruptions to business operations connected to the COVID-19
Here are a few updates:
- Most of our manufacturer and vendor partners have made updates to their health and safety measures and many are now offering low or no-contact service options.
- Many are modifying current hours of operation to meet client needs during this difficult and ever-changing environment.
- Due to the speed at which things are changing, we recommend that you reach out to your local approved repair vendor ahead of time to confirm hours of operation and make the arrangements that best fit your needs or comfort level.
1. Can I or my drivers install telematics devices ourselves during the Coronavirus outbreak?
Yes. Telematics devices are plug-and-play devices that can easily be installed. We have information on how to install your telematics device in your vehicles.